People choose to remove tattoos for as many reasons they
choose to get them. Today’s technology makes it easier to undo that tattoo. Skin Care Physicians of Georgia has the latest in laser technology to help remove tattoos in as few sessions as possible.
There are many factors that determine the success of laser tattoo removal. These include:
- Tattoo ink color – black, brown, dark blue, and red are easier to remove than more vibrant colors. Sometimes colors are blended which adds another variable
- Quantity of ink
- Depth of the tattoo ink
- How many treatments are necessary?
- Each person and their tattoo is unique. It’s not possible to perfectly predict the number of sessions required for complete tattoo removal, but most patients generally need 6 to 8 sessions. Larger tattoos may take 10 or more treatments.
- Is it painful?
- The removal process can be uncomfortable, and most patients experience some redness, mild swelling, and tenderness that should resolve quickly.
- What is recovery like?
- You can expect redness, swelling, scabbing, and flaking of the skin where the treatment occurred. This may last for several days. On average, your body will eliminate the tattoo pigment in 6-12 weeks. Results will become more evident in this timeframe.
We use different wavelengths, depending on your needs, to break up the tattoo ink over time. Call us to schedule a free consultation to see if tattoo laser removal is right for you.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION*
*Cosmetic consults are complimentary. Medical consults are subject to a fee.